All law students face the challenges of demanding coursework, a full schedule, and what can be a stressful but ultimately very rewarding academic experience. If you also have Asperger's Syndrome, you may have additional concerns on top of these universally experienced law school pressures. For example, you may feel concerned about whether your learning style will be served, how well you will thrive in this new environment, and how you can best succeed as a practicing attorney once you have graduated.
Attorney Richard C. Sklare has personal experience related to knowing how Asperger's affects the life of a loved one. He is excited to have the opportunity to help law students with Asperger's by relieving a portion of their financial burden.
The Sklare Law Group is proud to offer a $750 scholarship award to a law student with Asperger's who is attending DePaul Univeristy College of Law. We know how many new experiences you face, and we want to do our part to contribute to the furthering of your law education and your future career.
Description Of The Scholarship
Application to the Sklare Law Merit Scholarship is open to adults who have Asperger's and who have been accepted to or are enrolled in one of the law schools listed below:
- DePaul Univeristy College of Law
The Sklare Law Merit Scholarship awards $750 to the winning student. A check will be sent to your law school's financial office to be used toward your educational expenses.
If you have Asperger's Syndrome and are currently attending or have been accepted to DePaul Univeristy College of Law, you are eligible for this scholarship award. All scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently attending or accepted to DePaul Univeristy College of Law in the next academic year
- In good academic standing at your current educational institution
- Willing to share your story with the public to inspire future law students living with Asperger's
- We may also request proof of your diagnosis.
Important information about eligibility: To apply, students must submit the essay, as well as evidence of an Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis. Please use the form below to apply. The form and application process is currently CLOSED for confirmed universities in the list above.
How To Apply
Check back for details about applying for the next academic year.
The Winning Essay
Richard Sklare will select the recipient of the award based on merit and the essay submission. Selection of the award recipient is his sole discretion. We are looking for a thoughtful, reflective essay that describes the unique situations you have faced as a result of Asperger's and how you thrived alongside those obstacles, challenges, or unique situations.
If you have any questions, please email our Chicago law firm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Terms and Conditions – Please Read Carefully
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The 2017 Sklare Law Merit Scholarship for Students With Asperger's Contest (“Scholarship Contest”) will be held online from 12:01 am Central Time (“ET”) May 24, 2017 (“Scholarship Contest Start Date”) to 11:59 pm Central Time (“ET”) September 5, 2017. (“Scholarship Contest Entry Period.”) The Scholarship Contest is sponsored by The Sklare Law Group, LTD, 20 N. Clark Street, Suite 1450, Chicago, IL 60602 (“The Firm”). The Firm is solely responsible for all aspects of this Scholarship Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY - The Scholarship Contest is open to all individuals who are legal residents in United States, who are or will be at least 18 years of age by September 5, 2017, and who currently attend or plan to attend the accredited law school, college or university listed above (“Applicant”). Attorneys, employees and family members of attorneys or employees of The Firm are not eligible to enter. The Firm reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Winning the Scholarship is contingent upon meeting all requirements set forth herein. Applicants who do not meet those requirements will be disqualified, and their submissions will be void.
- HOW TO ENTER - During the Scholarship Contest Entry Period, Applicants can submit their application and essays (“Submissions”) by completing the Scholarship Contest registration form located at http://www.sklarelaw.com/scholarship. Applicants must completely and accurately submit all information required on the entry form. Submissions must be based on official Sklare Law Group, LTD 2017 Scholarship Contest rules and regulations, available at http://www.sklarelaw.com/scholarship. Essay submissions can be no more than 800 words. Any Applicant under age 18 must have parental permission to enter. All submissions must be received by 11:59 pm CST on September 5, 2017. The Firm is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts to enter. The Applicant should be able to provide upon request all third-party clearance, releases, and permissions for essay and photo submission, including releases from the Applicant and any other third-party participants. Submissions may not contain material that is sexually explicit, obscene, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, etc.) offensive, threatening, profane or harassing. Submissions may not contain any material that infringes on international copyright rules and regulations. Once submitted, all submissions become exclusive property of The Firm and its attorneys in perpetuity.
- INTERNET LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY - The Firm assumes no liability for any error in transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or alteration of entries. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, The FIRM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDIES FROM SUCH PERSON(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS - In consideration of Applicant’s essay being reviewed and evaluated for the Scholarship Contest, The Firm has exclusive rights to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete, or display any such submission, or any portion thereof, in any and all media including but not limited to all forms of internet, television, and wireless protocol. Each Applicant authorizes The Firm and any entities affiliated with The Firm to utilize the essay submitted to The Firm, for eternity and for how they see fit, in connection with the Sklare Law Group website campaign and any of The Firm’s programs, including any programs of its attorneys, and to make derivative works from such materials at the sole discretion of The Firm. The winner may be required to complete and execute additional documents and have third parties execute The Firm’s documents in connection with the rights granted to The Firm as a condition of scholarship acceptance. In addition, by participating in the Scholarship Contest and submitting an essay, each Applicant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for The Firm to use Applicant’s Video, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known, in perpetuity, unless prohibited by law. Applicant can reach Scholarship Contest organizers by e-mail at email@example.com.
- EQUITABLE RELIEF - Each Applicant understands, acknowledges, and agrees that The Firm does not have now or in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, contributory, or otherwise, in regards to the infringement of protection of the copyright in and to the submission. Each Applicant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Applicant relating to or arising out of The Firm’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Scholarship Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Applicant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Applicant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Video or any other production based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the Applicant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS - A winner cannot assign or transfer the Scholarship to another person. The Scholarships is subject to availability. If the Scholarship or any portion of the Scholarship cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of The Firm, then a substitute award may be made at sole discretion of The Firm. Winners are responsible for any risk of loss associated with the Scholarship after it has been delivered.