Do I Have a Wrongful Death Claim if My Adult Child was Killed in an Accident?

Serving Chicago, Surrounding Suburbs and all Surrounding Counties of DuPage, Will & Lake.


Losing a loved one in an accident is devastating whether you're the parent, spouse, child or extended family. Our clients often ask if they can file a wrongful death claim after the loss of a family member, and the answer depends entirely on the circumstance. If your adult child was killed in an accident, you can file a claim as long as they were not married and didn't have a partner or children. If they did have dependents, then the spouse, partner or child would need to file the wrongful death suit.

If you've lost your child in an accident, regardless of their age, please contact Sklare Law Group in Chicago at 312-263-0771 to schedule your case evaluation. Our lawyers specialize in personal injury and wrongful death and serve clients in Chicago, Illinois.