Minor to severe auto accidents happen on a daily basis in Chicago. In many instances, these accidents are clear-cut and quickly resolved, meaning one party admitted fault, injuries were minimal and/or the situation didn’t require an investigation into the cause. However, there are also times when auto accident claims become complicated, and you should seek legal counsel from an auto injury lawyer.
For example, you should call our lawyers in Chicago if:
- Your insurance claim was denied.
- You were offered an insurance settlement below what you’re owed.
- You have significant injuries with high medical bills.
- Your injuries are catastrophic (permanent), leaving you unable to work and with extensive, ongoing medical expenses.
- You lost a loved one in the auto accident.
- There are extenuating circumstances such as a preexisting condition, which are making it difficult to settle your claim.
- Liability, or fault, hasn’t been established.
- The Illinois statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim for an accident (2 years) is nearly up, and your case hasn’t been settled.
- Accident reconstruction or expert investigation is needed.
There are countless reasons to seek representation from an auto injury lawyer after an accident. You could be eligible for more compensation than you realize for your injuries, vehicle damage and any pain and suffering you’ve endured because of the collision.
If you’re not sure if you need an auto injury lawyer, reach out to our attorneys in Chicago for a FREE consultation at (800) LAW-0300. The Sklare Law Group provides personal injury and auto accident legal services to clients in Chicago and throughout Northern Illinois.