If I’m Injured at Work in Another State, What are my Rights in Illinois?

Serving Chicago, Surrounding Suburbs and all Surrounding Counties of DuPage, Will & Lake.

VIDEO TRANSCRIPT: If the accident happens in a different state, generally the venue is going to be in the state where the accident happened with certain exceptions. First and foremost is where you were hired. If you were hired in the state of Illinois, then no matter where the accident took place, you can file your claim not only in the venue where the accident took place, but in the state of Illinois, because that's where the transaction originated which caused you to be an employee of the employer that you were working for at the time of your accident.

So one of those two factors had to take place - either hired in Illinois or the accident in Illinois.

For more information, please email or call our Chicagoland attorneys at Sklare Law Group - (312) 759-1616 - to receive a free case consultation.

Get in Touch


* All indicated fields must be completed.



20 N. Clark St.Ste. 1450
Chicago, IL 60602


MON - SUN: 24/7

Accessibility Toolbar