What Should I Do if I’m Injured at Work

Serving Chicago, Surrounding Suburbs and all Surrounding Counties of DuPage, Will & Lake.

VIDEO TRANSCRIPT: If you’re injured during the course of your employment, the first thing you should do is notify your employer or your supervisor if they’re onsite. The law in Illinois states you have 45 days from the date of an accident to officially notify your employer or supervisor that you were hurt during the course of your employment. We would advise, of course, notifying them immediately. Once you’ve notified your employer, their obligation is to notify their workers compensation insurance carrier. From there, if you need medical assistance, you will go see medical assistants and depending on the doctor’s opinion, they’ll determine if you’re eligible for off-work benefits for future medical treatment.

For more information, please email or call our Chicagoland attorneys at Sklare Law Group - (312) 759-1616 - to receive a free case consultation.

Get in Touch


* All indicated fields must be completed.



20 N. Clark St.Ste. 1450
Chicago, IL 60602


MON - SUN: 24/7

Accessibility Toolbar