Who Pays For Damage After A Car Wreck?

Serving Chicago, Surrounding Suburbs and all Surrounding Counties of DuPage, Will & Lake.


After a car accident, the adverse party's insurance company typically is who will pay for the damages to your car. Some insurance companies are slower than others, and it may be in your best interest to go through your own company. You usually have to pay a deductible, but at least your insurance company will fix your car quickly and usually, in most cases, assuming the other driver's at fault, they will collect that deductible back for you and reimburse you when they're done paying out the case. But yes, you can go either way: through the other person's carrier or your own.