Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Work Injury?

In Illinois – and in most other states – you cannot generally file a personal injury claim for an injury suffered on the job. You can, however, file a workers’ compensation claim. Most employers in our state are required to carry workers’ comp insurance, which entitles you to certain benefits for qualifying work injuries. Fault is not generally an issue, so even if you were injured partly because of a mistake of your own, you are still typically entitled to payment and medical care. Drug use or intoxication when the injury occurred will usually disqualify an employee from getting workers’ compensation benefits.

To learn more, and to find out if you may be entitled to pursue compensation for an injury you suffered at work, please call Sklare Law Group for a complimentary consultation at 312-263-0771. We proudly serve Chicago and all of the surrounding areas, including Berwyn, Oak Park and Cicero.

Get in Touch


* All indicated fields must be completed.



20 N. Clark St.Ste. 1450
Chicago, IL 60602


MON - SUN: 24/7

Accessibility Toolbar