Workers’ compensation provides financial assistance to employees injured or ill due to their job. In addition to covering medical care, workers’ compensation replaces a portion of lost wages and offers other benefits.
Types of Lost Wage Replacement and Additional Benefits
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) Benefits: TTD benefits cover employees who cannot work due to injury or illness. These benefits amount to 66 and 2/3% of the employee’s average weekly wage and continue until the employee reaches maximum medical improvement or returns to work.
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) Benefits: TPD benefits apply to employees who can still perform light work duties at reduced pay while recovering from their injury or illness. These payments are calculated as 66 and 2/3% of the difference between the employee’s average pre-injury wage and their gross earnings during light-duty work. Benefits continue until the employee returns to full work duties or reaches maximum medical improvement.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) Benefits: PPD benefits are provided to employees with permanent disabilities or disfigurements who can still work. There are four types of PPD benefits; an attorney can help determine the appropriate compensation.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) Benefits: PTD benefits apply to employees who are permanently disabled and unable to work due to work-related injury. These benefits amount to 66 and 2/3% of the employee’s average weekly wage.
- Job Re-training Benefits: Employees who participate in an approved vocational rehabilitation program may be eligible for job re-training benefits. This including professional job search assistance and new job training.
Seeking Legal Assistance
Obtaining workers’ compensation benefits can be challenging, and employees may face hurdles when filing a claim for lost wage replacement. Experienced attorneys, like those at Sklare Law Group, can ensure that your claim is completed correctly and monitor its progress. In the case of a denial or hearing, they will advocate on your behalf, providing peace of mind that knowledgeable professionals are handling your claim.
Contact Sklare Law Group for a Free Workplace Injury Consultation!
Have you suffered a work injury in Illinois? Are you looking for maximum compensation? The Sklare Law Group offers experienced Chicago workers’ compensation lawyers at (312) 759-1616. Once we understand your situation better, our attorneys will be able to describe how they can assist you in obtaining workers’ compensation.